Tokwa’t Baboy is a typical Filipino Recipe that is made from simmered pork belly and fried tofu. Some include the pig’s ear as well. This recipe is blended with a sauce – a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, onions and small amount of sugar.
- 250 grams pork belly
- 250 grams tofu
- 1 medium size onions (minced)
- 100 ml. soy sauce
- 100 ml. vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 400 ml. water
- cooking oil (enough for frying)
Tokwa’t Baboy Cooking Procedures:
1. Pour the water in a casserole, add the pork belly and salt then let it boil. Simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Set aside the meat and slice. (Note: You can keep the extra liquid in the fridge for future soup recipes)
2. Heat the oil in a cooking pan. Fry the tofu till brown. Set aside and slice.
3. Prepare the cooking pan. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, onion and sugar. Mix and let it boil. Set aside.
4. Mix the fried tofu and pork then pour the sauce. Mix it well.
For more details please see the Tokwa’t Baboy cooking video below:
You might like: